if you get the chance, take it. if it changes your life, let it.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

life changers

i think we all have a few certain people in our lives who had a major effect on our life but they may never know it. i can think of two people who changed the entire path of my life. i actually think of these people quite often but they probably don't even remember my name.... 

1. SUE HALL. She was my riding instructer for 5+ years who taught me a ton about horses. She taught me how to take care of horses, all about the equipment, how to ride, how to show and so much more. I always felt special when she'd give me a "tough" horse to ride and said she knew I could do it. I was a really shy kid when I took lessons from Sue but I loved listening to her horse stories. And i always thought it was so cool that she started her own business and owned so many horses right in her backyard. Eventually she gave me the horse I had been riding for a few years, Bert for $1. And even though a few years later I stopped taking lessons I think of her all the time when I play with Bert at Wallsburg. She made my little girl dream come true and changed my life forever.
The day I got Bert.
2. JOHN TOMASI. He was my first ever lacrosse coach and also one of the best coaches I've ever had. I started lacrosse because Marin Rowe and Sam Jensen did it to "keep in shape for soccer," and my best friend Mandy Jacobsen (Sorensen) was going to play too. I bought my own $40 stick and the cheapest goggles I could find. Tomasi (and his 1 year-old daughter Mia who sat in his backpack) was so dedicated to the team and always wanted the best for us. He worked us hard and made sure we could all catch and throw. He gave me the Rookie of the Year award and kept encouraging me to try out for Team Utah and other teams. He took me under his wing and made sure I was going to keep playing and keep getting better. Some of the most memorable lacrosse moments come from him yelling from the sidelines or making fun of us "stupid girls," or toilet papering his house. Lacrosse has become such a major part of my life and I owe it all to Tomasi for teaching me how to play.

Tomasi and Mia (after a loss it looks like).

Who has changed your life forever? Think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment